SailNet Community - View Single Post - Irwin - Bluewater Capable???
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008

seancrowne is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob chaisson View Post
Looks pretty good to me, if they actually did it that way. I know mine is thru bolted.

hey bob can't send private yet just joined this forum but i'm a long time member on cruisers forum. hope you dont mind me inturupting the thread althouogh its been the most helpful one i have read in my search for informatin!

im looking into buing a 1987 citation 35. ive joined the yaho and msn group and tried to contact someone from the company. im really trying to get as much inf on the model as possible. i'll be using it as a liveaboard in long island sound and down to florida and caribean for a few months in the summer every year. i havnt been able to get in touch with any owners to find out about performance and there is little nformatin on line regarding the model. if you dont mind i had a few questions. i directed them at the PO but your opinins and informatin would be wonderful. does the boat have simlar prblems to other early models of irwin. ie stress cracks poor gel coat, blisters, and esp leaking around portlights and hatches. would you ever take it offshore,does it need to be modified for that? or is it only a coastal cruiser ? would it make it to hawaii australia? not planning on it but would like to know i could if in the future it comes up....mynumber one concern fr the boat is the shoal draft of 4'8 (that als being a major perk) i read a couple of your psts and hope to join you on some sails when i aquire the boat ,hopefully if all papers go through by april.
thank you in advance
sean
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook