SailNet Community - View Single Post - How much more "gracefully" do high-quality older boats age than mass-production ones?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008

Zanshin is on a distinguished road
Rancho - I am using Euros, so the price of European boats has remained the same, but the price of US boats has gone down. I am quite careful about using terms like "everybody" or "anyone" since there are always exceptions. If the answer were so easy, everyone would have an old HR or similar and this thread wouldn't even have merited a snigle response.

I am enjoying the back-and-forth on this topic though!

I consider a well-found Jeanneau 49DS to be a bluewater boat, so comparing
an almost new Jeanneau 49DS with full cruising gear (extra batteries,Wind,Solar,Gen,radar,sails,watermaker, etc.) with a 49" HR built 1993 with the same accessories (albeit 10 years old) that has already circumnavigated is a matter of
[Edit]
difficulty. My main consideration is safe travel with minimum delays due to major components going *poof* in the middle of nowhere.

(Previous post got away from me, I was going to erase the whole last paragraph, but it is too late now)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Zanshin; 03-19-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook