SailNet Community - View Single Post - Foul Boat Names?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008

l0keman is on a distinguished road
T34C good point. I never thought about my kids learning the boats name. I'm 28. I got the name from Cabin boy. I liked the movie. But I love horrible movies... like the B-movies on scifi and such... those are great. Yeah, I've seriously considered the boat is not for me. I love the design. I just hate the boat. We got this love-hate thing going on... I hate the boat b/c it loves to do silly things.... like sink and loose hatches on calm days, and leaks in every spot immaginable. But in reality... I really enjoy working on it and although I get flustered at it, I could not see myself doing something else.

This was a spur of the minute kinda hobby. When I was married, my wife wanted to buy a house. I am AD USAF and am not ready to buy a house with my mobile lifestyle, plus marital issues. So instead I said "remember how we always wanted to buy a boat?" well I came home from work one afternoon and she had won one on Ebay for a few bucks. I remember the day I got it... no less than 5 minutes after I hooked it to my truck I got a speeding ticket. The first time I dropped it in the water, it sank. The next time the keel cable broke, the next time the mast fell while raising it, etc... but still, I got the fever and am dying to go sailing this weekend. I think I have finished all major repairs and everything else is just cosmetics.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook