SailNet Community - View Single Post - Deliver my boat - Southport, NC to Solomons, MD
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008

Captmdsmith is on a distinguished road
Delivery Captain here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak View Post
I am looking for someone to deliver my (well equipped 35ft center cockpit) sailboat from Southport, NC to Solomons, MD. Timeframe is pretty flexible, but sometime during April would be best. Budget is limited - I can pay $100-$150 a day (assuming 7-8 days) plus provisions, fuel, and reasonable transportation expenses.

I am probably not going to be available for the ride, so bring your own crew.
Reply with experience and/or references.

P.S. Sure hope this will be a better experience than my last disaster of a crew search here
I am not sure what kind of Capt you are looking for here. does he/she need to have any experience? doesn't sound like it.... I am a 100T Capt and I deliver boats "worldwide" for a living my fees are $300 per day and my crew gets $125, now I do usually run 24/7 and for break downs weather issues I only charge 1/2 rate per day and for this I get a big $12.50 per hour NOT bad for all the years of Sail experience and the expense of licensing and the Responsibility that is put upon me when I deliver a boat weather across the state or to S. America or Europe, Maybe I could go and get a job at the Grocery store as a checker and make MORE money and be home each night with no worries other than what to watch on TV each night. I would suggest you look at paying a capt a decent amount and you will get your boat moved safely.
Capt Mark