SailNet Community - View Single Post - Deliver my boat - Southport, NC to Solomons, MD
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008

Captmdsmith is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy125 View Post
Hi brak. I'm 24 years old with 24 years of sailing experience (though i admit I can't really count the first few years!). I will have my USCG 100 Ton Master license after I sit for the sail endorsement test on March 27. I passed the Sea School classes this past fall. For the past two years I've been crewing aboard the schooner Woodwind in Annapolis, and living aboard my Dad's Wauquiez 38, sailing singlehanded regularly. I've skippered bareboats in New Zealand and Australia with friends, and will be heading to St. Martin this summer to skipper a 50-foot catamaran for Broadreach (check them out at gobroadreach dot com). I'm highly qualified.

I'd like to get my foot in the door in the delivery business, and think this would be a good opportunity for me, and a cheap, qualified captain for you. I could easily wrangle up at least one other crewmember. I have actually transited the ICW when I was nine on the way to the Bahamas aboard my Dad's 36' Allied Princess. I'll do it for $150 a day plus expenses, and could probably be down to the boat by April 12/13. Let me know if you're interested and I can send my official resume.

Cheers,

Andy
My Dear Andy. well so far you just cut your own throat as far as trying to get into the Delivery business, don't under cut the rest of us that are doing this for a living. You will never get any referrals from the good captains that need help. and if that's all you are willing to work for, well I think Bag boys make more than that per hour with NO responsibility. if you start out with these rates you better find a very good Steady job so you can eat.