Green sailor needs advise on docking, an anchor.........
I agree and would add:
1. Don''t just drop a loop over a cleat - I have seen them slip off in surge conditions.
2. Chafe gaurd are important. Davis makes great ones that ccan be put on ofter your lines are adjusted
3. Don''t skimp on line - I would go 1/2'''' and not have to worry.
4. Boats are often left tied up for several weeks at a time.
5. Don''t skimp on fenders - 3 is enough, but bigger is better.
Check West Marine or Boat US catalog for anchor suggestions.
Check marina boards for an old hard dinghy - I''ve seen them cheap - like $50.