SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dream of Sailing as a living
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2003

oceanguy is on a distinguished road
Dream of Sailing as a living

I thank you both for your input, especially on what to look for between offshore and coastal cruisers. Yes I did mean a C42, gotta love the blissfulness of ignorance. That is the model we are leaning towards...but everyone loves to aim for the "big boy". Jeff, I''m amazed that you found a boat of that size for $50k...I''ve been looking and have not found anything under $100k for a 42ft. I imgaine that this being larger than the one you got had something to do with it. My needs would be to have a boat that can cross blue water, but primarily be a coastal cruiser, and can hold comfortably 2-3 people for long amounts of time. And from what you say the C42 can handle herself. Are there any other models that would be good for this.

As you can tell I am new, but do want to learn. In reference as to how much I want to learn...I want to be competant...I want to get good. I''m not talking excellent, but be able to hold my own.

No I am not independently wealthy, but very good at saving and investing. I just wanted to know of ways to make a buck as you sail, just in case.

Thank you for your knowledge, and thank you for answering my questions, though I know you''ve answered ones like them many times.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook