SailNet Community - View Single Post - OMC Saildrive Parts ARE Available
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2003

kennethgelao is on a distinguished road
OMC Saildrive Parts ARE Available

Posted 5/23/03

To: All OMC Zephyr Saildrive Owners

It is time again to advise all owners that most parts for your old OMC Zephyr Saildrive ARE available.

Here is the scoop. Bombardier (www.bombardier.com) purchased OMC and maintains OMC parts inventory. Furthermore, some OMC parts are interchangeable with Johnson and Evinrude.

A good local dealer will do the leg work and find your parts for you. Don''t take no for an answer. Some local dealers are just too lazy to do the leg work and don''t make much money for the effort. The solution is to call Bombardier directly for pricing and location availability, then forward this information to your dealer as Bombardier will not sell directly to end users. When calling Bombardier, it helps to have your parts manual and part numbers available. If you don''t have a parts manual, Bombardier can sell you one.

As an end user, I''ve had great success in finding parts for my OMC Saildrive by calling Bombardier (Wisconsin & Canada) directly. Unfortunately, I have not had success with local dealers.

If this helps, please let me know as I can continue to post this info from time to time. kgelao@ibtechs.com
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to kennethgelao For This Useful Post:
sknrzgirl (04-05-2014)