SailNet Community - View Single Post - Buyer broker and Initial Bidding Strategy
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Buyer broker and Initial Bidding Strategy

1. How many of you all have used a buyer broker what are the pro's and cons?
  2. Does it really make a difference in terms of selection of boats or negotiating?.
  3. I noticed on a few sites that they often offer the buyer service for free - and it comes out of the sellers pocket? If so what is the normal percentage for that or is it usually a straight fee.
  4. And lastly - what resources do you use for finding boats for sale by owner. 99% of ads seem to be brokered....(I already use Craigslist, Yachtworld, and BoatTrader...)
  5. Have any of you negotiated a deal where you paid cash and did 1/2 on initial purchase and 1/2 60 days later?
  6. How do you negotiate a price initially without survey on higher priced boats? Say you have one for 64K is it unreasonable to start at 45 or 50K as initial bid (Anyone with success on that?"
I am currently looking into 34-40 foot range and I would rather this time actually get something that I will be content with for many years. Some of the boats are in the 60K range which I can afford to pay cash for but would prefer to slide it in half as it just makes more sense financially for me as one can never tell when something is going to happen. Naturally I can go for a lesser cost boat (several are decent range of 30K - but then that same conundrum of its not everything I want....

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by artbyjody; 03-24-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook