SailNet Community - View Single Post - Buyer broker and Initial Bidding Strategy
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008
I'd rather be sailing

labatt will become famous soon enough
Xort - BoatUS told me that my Passport 40 was worth $100k-$110k. The last two Passport 40's on the market sold for north of $140k and they didn't have the refit mine does. I'm not sure where BoatUS gets its "valuation" but it seems pretty far off.

With regards to "Half now, half in 60 days" are you talking about getting the boat in between? If not, you can probably work something out in today's market - especially during the Winter (so not much longer). If you want the boat after paying for the first half, I'd say it's probably an impossibility, but that's just an assumption. With regards to bids, start as low as you want and the seller will give you a counteroffer. On my Passport 40, I got it for about $15k under the asking price. Our first bid on a Hallberg-Rassy 53 we were thinking of was almost $100k under the asking price (about 15% under asking).
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook