SailNet Community - View Single Post - A brief intro...
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008

SailorJ1M is on a distinguished road
A brief intro...

Angie and I have been power boating for a number of years on inland waters and now that a major career change is approaching (retirement), we are making the switch to sails. We purchased a C22 to learn on here in Green Country in N.E. Oklahoma. We are 20 minutes from where she is slipped so it will make for a quick trip to the lake for an evening of sailing...right after we take the first of our lessons in early April.

We have been researching a possible candidate for living aboard and coastal cruising with the intent of heading to the Bahamas after sailing up and down the east coast. Last week we headed to Florida for Spring Break to look at a few boats we ID'd on yachtworld.com. Early in the week a Pearson 365 kind of caught our eye but we weren't really looking to buy and it wasn't something we couldn't live without. We headed to the west coast to finish the week out and made an appointment to look at another 365. We fell in love...then made an offer. Pegasus will be ours shortly.

Tom, the previous owner said there are some great people on here I can get a lot of help from...I'm gonna need all the help I can get to come up to speed on sailing and maintaining her. Being a former aircraft mechanic will help a good bit on the maintenance side of things.

Angie and I will be looking forward to getting to know the sailing community and meeting some of you in person.

Fair winds...
Jim
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook