SailNet Community - View Single Post - Greetings SailNetters - A very brief intro . . .
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008

Txaggie is on a distinguished road
Inexperienced Sailor Wannabe

Hello sailors! Several years ago, I attended a charity auction and purchased a one day sailing lesson. I fell in love with sailing and vowed to find a boat, learn to sail and spend many countless hours sailing into my sunset years. I did a great deal of internet homework on sailboat manufacturers, types, and models of sailboats. I finally decided on two or three makes that I thought were quality built crafts. I began searching want ads in the paper and online for used boats, and when out driving, was constantly on the lookout for boats with "For Sale" signs. I walked the docks of the local marinas. I finally found the boat I thought was destined to be mine on Ebay. After quick negotiations, I owned a 1975 Chrysler 22 swing keel. She hadn't seen the water in over a year and was sitting on her original trailer, that had been sitting neglected, rusting in a field for years, bent frame, with no lights and a worn out hitch. I was happy with my purchase. I started on her renovation/restoration. The first thing that had to be done, was the renovation of the trailer. The trailer repair and renovation is complete and it looks almost new, and the boat is on the hard currently undergoing gelcoat blister repair as a result of too many years sitting in warm Texas lakes with no barrier coating. I have yet to actually sail her as I put her in the water only once when I bought her to check for leaks. I have had many kind sailors offer to help me learn to sail and I plan to take them up on their offers. I reside just outside the Ft.Worth/Dallas area in north central Texas. If there are any other Chrysler owners in the area that would like to correspond, let me hear from you. If there are any other new or experienced sailors interested in helping out a newbie, give me a shout. I look forward to many happy years of trailer sailing the lakes of Texas. Thank goodness spring is here!! Have a great day!!! TxAggie

Last edited by Txaggie; 03-25-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook