SailNet Community - View Single Post - What do YOU look for
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008
Learning the HARD way...

eherlihy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRPollard View Post
eherlihy,

... but if you decide to purchase this boat, it might be worthwhile to let the owner re-commission it. Yes, take a good look at it while it's out of the water, but let the owner do the work to get it back in sailing trim. Otherwise you are stuck having to get the act together before you even can do a sea-trial.
ABSOLUTELY! Any offer that I make would be contingent on the boat being relaunched, and passing a sea trial with a genuine surveyor.

As for the engine Yup, I plan to check both the engine and transmission oil, and the belts, and look for a spare impeller.

Also, I will give an overall look at the interior plumbing for cracked / broken hoses, and to see that there is antifreeze in the system.

Thanks already!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105 Certified Instructor - Also certified in Recreational Marine Electrical Systems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Getting back onto the water after undergoing knee surgery.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook