SailNet Community - View Single Post - Member reviews: Raymarine's X series Autopilots
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiente View Post
Consider ComNav, W-H and B&G also. Raymarine quality can be "variable", or so I hear, and there is some question in my mind if it's really up to more than light-duty piloting.

I also don't like that they seem to obsolete their own gear on a regular basis.
Yeah that kinda thing worries me as I have been researching other peoples issues on the forums. Seems there is no follow-on support once they roll out a model and then introduce another...Hence why I want to stay away from the S1 series as I forecast they obsolete it in another 8-14 months...

My only experience has been with Simrad (very positive) and even with the model I have(WP-30) being discontinued they have parts and provide free technical support (voice at least and they are local here in Seattle (I dated a girl that worked there at one time (I got a hat at least - swag at breakup - endearing) ...

I'll do some research on the brands you listed as well as I was unaware they make autopilots... My hope is to consolidate and not have a bunch of mismatched gear for the sake of saving a buck...but common sense always prevails in the end.. thanks for the input !...

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook