SailNet Community - View Single Post - Liveaboard under attack by marina
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailaway21 View Post
Uh, Jody? Hello?

They can set up whatever terms of payment they want subject to existing contracts. The only real argument here is the amount of notification required. The devil in this case is only in the details. The contract can specify weekly payment or payment ten years in advance. The only caveat being the possibility of no actual current contract and that there is an existing tradition of payment otherwise. Which, in no way prevents the issuance of a new contract, with different terms, subject to acceptence or rejection by the other party. Rejection constituting an agreement to discontinue the use of facilities and services.
Uh Hello back.... do you pay quarterly on your house, storage, car etc... most of these marinas are forcing it and for no reason... other than greed... would you give X amount for three months without knowing you will be there three months .... what about your money do you not respect?

Live aboard is a monthly rental agreement no different than renting a house, RV space etc, a marina at a slip where you provide your living accommodations is no different...no where else in the rental market is this practice upheld of charging quarterly dues without some form of discount... a marina is a transient area all regardless...it is also considered renting property...

Think maybe you should think of this in terms of common sense and not the norm legaleeze... because this practice effect you , me , and anyone that that cruises where being forced to pay X amount upfront for a stay that you do not intend and if you do - I doubt you plan your personal expenditures on a quarterly basis but more on a monthly economic scale...These kind of forcings of fincial obligations - after the fact or just even now - trickles to areas where none of us really want to deal with.

We can laugh at the fact that - heck you pay less than I do - but do you ever question why we pay more than what they did? Because we allowed it...supply demand and what the market bears...

uh hello again?

I bet you pay monthly ...

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by artbyjody; 03-27-2008 at 03:45 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook