SailNet Community - View Single Post - ASA 104 Live Aboard Courses, Virgin Islands - Feedback?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008

johndotson is on a distinguished road
I went through Blue Water Sailing School out of Fort Lauderdale. I got my ASA 101, ASA 103, and ASA 104 from them. I didn’t sail to the USVI, I stayed in the Keys. By the way all the islands are called keys. Joe Logan was my instructor he was great, however towards the end he got a little short with the crew but I don’t think he was ill with us. Joe was a great instructor, I had a really great time and learned a little as well and boy did we eat, no chances of scurvy on Joe’s boats. I there realized that I was more comfortable on the water than on land. I went in scared that I would be a nameless sailor swallowed up by the sea but when I came back I was more worried about being swallowed up by society than the sea. I was very please with BWSS they teach you what you need to know and work with you if you need extra help. When I left I felt that I could perform any crew duty asked of me, perhaps not the best but safely enough to not endanger the crew or myself in the least. If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask.

Last edited by johndotson; 03-28-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook