SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew neeeded IMMEDIATELY, Cabo San Lucas to Tahiti & New Zealand (5-6 weeks)
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
jim0123r vbmenu_register("postmenu_261516", true);

"I think this position has been filled. I thought it was "mine" for a few weeks - and a couple of days ago, "Brak" told he had found someone cheaper."

The above was copied and pasted from "deliver my boat to the Solomons" thread. As you can see this is our op of this thread.

Being in the delivery game for quite a few years, I feel sorry for this guy. He thought he had a delivery job lined up to take a boat to the Solomons until he was under bid. This is why I would ask the boat owner for a signed contract and 1/2 down to secure the "date."

Now he has boat going Cabo San Lucas to New Zealand, nice work if you can get it. I can almost bet you he had his crew lined up before he committed to this delivery. It sounds to me that he had a crew member who backed out at the last moment. It could have been, that the boat owner had already payed for travel expenses for this crew member ie. airline ticket that went unused when the crew member didn't show up.

I would also bet you that the boat owner will not Ok more expense money as he would tell the Skipper "you agreed to move the for X number of dollars and if you can't do for that, I will find someone who can." Our good Skipper is between a rock and a hard place. I am sure that is why his post was writen the way it was as he has no up front funds and would have to reach into his own pockets to cover expenses for the new crew member. Just how deep those pockets are we don't know.

It is the spring of the year. A new delivery season has started. Let the games begin.

Last edited by bubb2; 04-03-2008 at 05:27 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook