SailNet Community - View Single Post - How did you get your start in sailing?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Step dad took me out in Lk Washington about age 10? scared teh bejeesus out of me when the rail went in the water the first time. Oh well, later figured out it was not an issue.

He then built a Glen-L 21CB model, we needed a dingy to get to it on a bouy on the lake, so I built an 8'dinghy, sailed that for 5 yrs or so on the lake, then built a Glen L 12 sloop, sailed it a bit, sold it for an engine in a convertible bug. married a gal that would not get on a boat if her life depending upon it, divorced her, currentspouse like being ont e water, altho only had been on power boats. Bought current boat 3 yrs ago, she is learning, I am trying to remember what I learned by rote and some lesson at a local club inthe 70's. Also rented lasers at the same club and raced them on wed nights. Hull #'s 600-800 or there abouts!

Like others, also did sailing at scout camp, not sure if I learned anyting at camp parsons on hood canal, but was fun any way one looks at it, altho the water was COLD!

Enjoying being on the water sailing again! Now taking my 3 older one out regularly, youngest seem to have mom's/ex's attitude towards the water in general, altho will get into my canoe with out any issues, sailing is another story to a degree, altho it might be mid teen female, not wanting to embarass herself too!

marty