SailNet Community - View Single Post - Charter Certification
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2003
dtfm dtfm is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
dtfm is on a distinguished road
Charter Certification

You will need an ASA bareboat certification (or equivalent) AND coastal navigation certification to charter from most places in North America (at least places I''ve looked at). In fact, most places will require you to have bareboat even to charter a 27 foot or greater boat just for the day.

So, in the ASA system, you would need to take the following classes: 1. Basic Keelboat; 2. Basic Coastal Cruising; 3. Bareboat; and 4. Coastal Navigation. 1 and 2 are prerequisites to 3. You can also combine them all into one class and get levels 1-3 done in a week, while cruising on a boat in a beautiful location.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook