SailNet Community - View Single Post - Goals for this sailing season
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008
Señor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
For the past 4 years we sailed my beloved Nauticat all along our coastal waters, living aboard every summer. Within that period however, I actually found time to make several system upgrades and improvements to finishes - interior and exterior, above and below the waterline.

Ironically, when everything was just the way I liked it - and as most know, we sold her - due to my better half's discomfort level, sailing on that boat. Strange that for the first time in over 20 years of boat ownership - we have no boat improvement goals and cruising plans for the 2008 season.

On the other hand, we're engulfed in the thrills of searching for replacement boats - forgot how much fun it was. What made it more enjoyable today, was when inspecting a true classic sailboat at Hinckley Yachts - my wife couldn't take her eyes off her. She loved the lines of her hull and how low to the water the cockpit was - a sharp contrast to the near 6 ft freeboard of our last cockpit.

Quote:
Goals for this sailing season
To see my wife grow to appreciate the pure joys of leisure sailing, the way it was meant to be, and find the perfect boat for us.