SailNet Community - View Single Post - Puget Sound Sailnetters
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Thanks Marty for having me along, it was a blast.

I am sure Marty's account will differ, but we all met up 10 AM at Shilshole Marina's gas dock. Did the AFOC greeting (and if he is not one - he has my nomination now)...

Got everything prepped. And I have to say a very nicely laid out boat. Lines were intelligently routed, new, color coded, no clutter whatsoever. I was kinda amazed by the interior as well.

What interested me alot was the traveler was on the deck in front of the cabin way entry. I'll admit - I initially wondered how that would work - but it was alot less clutter when sailing than what I have experienced with over deck traveler. But enough of the BS - great looking boat...

I was more worried about how I would actually effect the team there, that consisted of his two sons, his daughter, and me...Me being a bit rusty to begin with and not all that knowledgeable..(more to come on the results of that)...

We positioned to start at a good spot, but got cut off by a boat coming down our starboard side... none the less, got out of the gate with much of the fleet behind...I have to admit - I would of been freaked out a bit myself, but calm cool - collected.... they were and once we got got out - you couldn't wipe the smile off Marty's face if you tried.

His daughter explained to me "That is his sailing face, I've never seem not smile no matter what as long as the sails are up and the boat is going"...

We had to turn past the "Rock", which was an actual rock..We came around, and unfortunately - we lost about ten minutes because I was absolutely no help trying to assist his son get the spinnaker up, and somehow or another his son should of trusted his judgment (Taking blame for it as lack of not knowing what to do is no excuse - but if I would had a few brews - it would of been up in in no time! ha ha)... Luckily, Marty came up got things squared away and off we went...

We finished some where in the middle of the class, executing a bunch of gybes to beat out few boats that were trying to close in...The Committee Members enjoyed the action at least.

And that is the update - I'll have some pictures up - as his daughter was nice enough to use my camera and get tons of them (come to think of it she didn't get pictures of the spinnaker mishap - so it didn't happen).

It was great fun! Thanks for having me as part of the team!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg april2008 014.jpg (48.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg april2008 010.jpg (56.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg april2008 018.jpg (37.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg april2008 049.jpg (35.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg april2008 051.jpg (35.5 KB, 10 views)

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook