SailNet Community - View Single Post - Just had an offer accepted on late 90's Crealock 37
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008

arisatx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceansailing View Post
Would love to talk via phone to any owners of fairly late model Pacific Seacraft 37's (the ones after 1993). In particular would like to know about any issues, what to look for on survey and sea trials, and what conditions you have used the boat in - as well as what gear has really worked out and what is not ready for prime time (especially the factory voyagemaker packages, etc.) Also are all of you using lazy jacks or are some using Dutchman and such? Thanks for any help and suggestions.

As the moderator suggested, you'll get more feedback over at the message board HERE

I am far from an expert, but here are some of my answers to your questions:
- the PSC37 is a "venerable" design and has been around for years. As such, I think most of the equipment is ready for "prime time" as its been tested through the years. I think depending upon what type of boat you might be coming from and what type of sailing you intend for your next purchase will determine your level of satisfaction with the PSC37.
- we have lazy jacks. I've seen others with the Doyle Stackpack and a PSC40 with a boom furl.
- we have the voyagemaker package - lines led aft. Not surprisingly, there's a lot a friction in the single line reefing system as rigged. (we also have the heavier Ullman bw sails). I am going to try going to change this around a little and had our sailmaker put in a dogbone in the reef cringles.

Try posting over at the other board - I think you'll get more feedback.
V42#186
s/v Little Wing
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook