SailNet Community - View Single Post - Goals for this sailing season
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008

BarryL is on a distinguished road
I have a few loosely designed goals:

-Spend another season crewing on a race boat to learn more of the finer points of sail trim, boat handling, etc. Last year was my first for racing. It was fun sometimes, boring sometimes, and scary other times. This year I hope to continue to learn and improve

-Spend more weekends aboard with my family. Last year we did a week trip to the east end of Long Island (Montauk Point and Greenport), and a weekend trip to Bridgeport CT. This year I want to spend another week somewhere (Mystic CT?) and more weekends on the boat. I want to visit the Thimble Islands, which has been on my list for a few years know.

-I don't really have any boat improvements goals. This spring I have stripped the bottom paint. I will fair the keel, barrier coat and bottom paint in the next few weeks. The topsides will be cleaned and Piloglow-ed, and I will redo the teak as well. I have a new genoa on order. That's about it.

-The main goal is to just have fun on the boat.

Barry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook