SailNet Community - View Single Post - Your Better Half...In or Out
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008

CapnSantiago is on a distinguished road
This thread is amazing...who knew all you tough typing sailors could get in touch with your feminine sides and be all nicey-nice...you got me (and I'll try not to violate the first post rule "no dirty stuff"...but I will try to find that line)

My live-in is definitely IN. I had a shared lease on a J-24 when we started dating. Barbara had never sailed before but as with most things she is enthusiastic to try anything new. Some of our first dates were on this boat, which is all speed. She loved burying the rail (no inuendo here). We found the boom to have multiple uses in the evening after a day on the water (read whatever inuendo here you please). We have been together now for over three years, maybe more...it all still seems so fresh (see how I got out of that one). Anyway, we now have a 30' cruiser that we overnight on for most weekends. I think she loves going to the boat more than I do (if that's possible). The booms too high but the V-birth isn't (did I find the line?). She remembers the exhileration on the J and encourages me to bury the rail on the cruiser, which we did once but I was white knuckled on the wheel and the boat really slowed and didn't like it with too much sail up (I haven't had the heart to tell her this boat likes to sail flatter and is faster that way). Anyway, she often shares with me the best part about sailing is...BOAT SEX (did I cross the line).

Eat your hearts out...she's pretty and fun and sexy and I love her (she'll get all a flutter over that)...and I'm not sharing any pictures.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook