SailNet Community - View Single Post - Are you a do-it-yourselfer?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Yes on some models...like mine..it is

The engine and gen set access sucks...so does the electrical panel which is low and dosent swing out for access..

In reality I find more living space in larger boats but for the most part yes everything is still crammed into as tight of space at they can get it into...Some motor sailors have engine compartments you can actually get in..and some sail boats offer easier access then others to systems..

If I had $$ it would be a condition of mine that everything was easily accessible and laid out how Id want it but for the reality of it I go for general layout and comfort that I can afford...dealing with hard to get at systems...some would want it the other way around...to each his own...I plan on spending more time in my nice open saloon and rear state room then in my cramped engine compartment..

Quote:
Originally Posted by djodenda View Post
Yeah, Yeah,... But really... Do they cram stuff in so tightly on larger boats so that it's incredibly difficult to get to?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook