SailNet Community - View Single Post - New member- Saying Hi....
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008

Booda is on a distinguished road
New member- Saying Hi....

Well, I've been lurking for awhile, reading some posts, it seems like you have a very active group here.

I have a little Cabin Crusier Powerboat that I have been using for fishing and taking to Catalina Island for a few overnight stays for the last 7 years, with my girlfriend, she never goes fishing with me but loves to take the boat to Catalina, we stay 3 or 4 days and we love it but she thinks it is to small and that we need a bigger boat(I'm a lucky guy), and now we are putting the powerboat up for sale and looking at Sailboats.

20 years ago, I did a little sailing, Belonged to a Sailing Club and crewed on a few race boats. I'm taking a couple of Sailing refresher courses to brush up my skills, it is all coming back pretty quick, while we look at different boats to get an idea on want we want to get.

Unfortunately, we are having a difficult time deciding what to get, I say, get a smaller 30 - 32 footer, something I can handle by myself and costs a little less to maintain and slip. My girlfriend wants a bigger boat 34 to 38, more room, more comfort for family and friends. So, we are looking and discussing.
I have been on lots of boats and understand that all boats are compromises, but hopefully when I see the right boat, I'll know.

Well, I just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone for their posts and contributions, this is a very informative board and I have learned quite a bit so far.

Pat
Southern California
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook