SailNet Community - View Single Post - New member- Saying Hi....
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
Well, I've been lurking for awhile, reading some posts, it seems like you have a very active group here.

I have a little Cabin Crusier Powerboat that I have been using for fishing and taking to Catalina Island for a few overnight stays for the last 7 years, with my girlfriend, she never goes fishing with me but loves to take the boat to Catalina, we stay 3 or 4 days and we love it but she thinks it is to small and that we need a bigger boat(I'm a lucky guy), and now we are putting the powerboat up for sale and looking at Sailboats.

20 years ago, I did a little sailing, Belonged to a Sailing Club and crewed on a few race boats. I'm taking a couple of Sailing refresher courses to brush up my skills, it is all coming back pretty quick, while we look at different boats to get an idea on want we want to get.

Unfortunately, we are having a difficult time deciding what to get, I say, get a smaller 30 - 32 footer, something I can handle by myself and costs a little less to maintain and slip. My girlfriend wants a bigger boat 34 to 38, more room, more comfort for family and friends. So, we are looking and discussing.
I have been on lots of boats and understand that all boats are compromises, but hopefully when I see the right boat, I'll know.

Well, I just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone for their posts and contributions, this is a very informative board and I have learned quite a bit so far.

Pat
Southern California
Welcome aboard Pat. Catalina Island is fun. I have some great pics from there and trips back to San Diego. One time I went across and saw the water rippling. It was dolphins... must have been hundreds of them in the largest pod I have ever seen. Also saw the Navy cruise by us in a air boat, and super pics of aircraft carriers. It is a fun place to sail.

Depending on what you wnat in a boat, and what you have to spend, you can get some recc's here for boats. Just let us know. You will get a lot of opinions (smile).

All the best,

- CD

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook