SailNet Community - View Single Post - New member- Saying Hi....
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008

Booda is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the replies.

My Girlfriend and I have been together for 12 years, lived together for 10, we live in her house, so she has a say in everything and that is good, we are a team.

I love California, I grew up here, fishing, Diving, Boating. The weather is great and when you get away from shore, it isn't that crowded.

We have a 26 foot Cabin Crusier, it is a little small, I think we have out grown it after 7 years and with the price of gas, looking for something a little larger and maybe with a little more range, definitely going to other Channel Islands is a possibily and different local Harbors, Mexico is a possibility but I'm not sure about that. Slips are hard to come by, already looking into that, but they can be found.

Got a couple of calls on my Power Boat for sale, it is tough right now with the price of gas and the uncertainity of the economy but I priced it to sell, it was my first boat that I kept in the water, I learned a lot from it, it was a fixer upper, so I know a little about what to look for and expect.

We have looked at a few Boats:

32' Islander (very clean, well equiped)
34' Cal (neglected, pretty beat up)
30' Erickson (also well equiped, pretty clean)
34' Catalina (Nice, had everything)
32' Gulf (Well Equiped, but it had some problems)
32' Bayfield (Nice Boat, Well equiped)
35' Cal (Nice big boat, wasn't well equip and needed some work)

As you can see we are looking at a range of boats and sizes to get an idea what is out there.

So, the search continues.

Pat
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook