SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Wombat (TDW) among the Lusitanos....
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
The Wombat (TDW) among the Lusitanos....

Yep...even a 100% pure Australian Wombat, surrenders to the beauty of the Portuguese coast the excellent food and wine the patrimony, the monuments and the scenery.

We took him today to the Jeronimos Monastery to touch the Navigator Vasco da Gama's tomb, the Belem Tower, and the Discoveries monument..

Monument of the discoveres with Prince Henry at the front

The Belem Tower

Jeronimos Monastrey

Vasco Da Gama Tomb

He likes our history, he is a very very cult person, knows a lot of History and is a pleasure to talk with. (By the way, SA he is most defenitely not a Comunist..).

If he is a comunist I am a good sailor...

Here he is with me...enjoy

with the kids....(Luis calls him "Andew")..

And enjoying a good glass of Luis Pato 2004 Reserva Tinto...ahhhh and we are also tasting some Pata Negra Presunto...some real Chourico, with ham, and freshly baked bread Giulietta just made for us..

He also went to the Museu da marinha (Maritime museum), where he fell in love with a Portuguese design day sailor of the 1900's.

this is it..a pretty lady indeed, he saw the real one, but I let him tell you about it

I showed him, to SA's discontentment, that the Portuguese, know and knew how to make pretty beautiful efficient boats, a claim that we are proud of also, it was not just S&S, Herreshoff etc. that knew how to make good pretty boats.

Last edited by Giulietta; 04-10-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook