SailNet Community - View Single Post - Recipes anyone?
Thread: Recipes anyone?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008

Yofy is on a distinguished road
We've lived aboard since the late 80's in a variety of boats and I totally agree with eryka. When we're dockside I cook pretty much the same way I would in a land based kitchen and we have a small galley. It's just a matter of organization and a little imagination.

Most of our dockside meals do tend to be 2 pot meals. Our galley is a little small to start sorting out three different pots, but if I want to cook say rice, vegetables and meat or another dish, I will often steam my vegetables along with the rice. ( I just lay them on the rice for the last few minuets of cooking and add a little more water to the pot from the start.) I stir fry in a deep frying pan (or pot if I need to stir fry for a group) rather than a wok because we don't have room to store one. I don't have a tea pot, but make herbal teas and other teas from loose leaves in a thermous with a tea bell....

Offshore is another thing. We go one pot meals unless it's dead calm.

And I'd be up for sharing some recipes. Where is T37Chef? Their idea sounds great.

Robyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook