SailNet Community - View Single Post - would it be possible to reuse "shrink wrap" / shrink wrapping yourself q's
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008

christyleigh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
Not sure if the shrink wrap I buy at HD is any different than the SW for boats at ones favorite marine outlet, but at $12-15 a roll
Marty,
As SD mentioned there is quite a size difference and probably a weight difference. The place I used was Shrinkit Inc. and the stuff was 7 mils thick, and I think I ordered the 20' wide by 90' long white stuff last fall. Multi-folded on a 6' roll at 70lbs. I could easily carry it in my pickup and set it up on the tailgate for un-rolling. You choose your size for what you can deal with up to 36' wide . I don't really think this is one of those "Marine Markup" things as it used for many things..... such as there was a shortage at Katrina time because it was being mass ordered for shelters etc... As with most things Bulk saves $$ so even without knowing the length of your stuff I would bet I got much more square feet and thickness for my $$$ (did a quick search and didn't find my price).
Wickford/Narragansett Bay RI
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook