SailNet Community - View Single Post - Nordic or Tartan ?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2001

boseyachts is on a distinguished road
Nordic or Tartan ?

I have had experience with sister ships of these types of boats. I have sailed a 1988 Tartan 40 in the very windy 1989 Cabo San Lucas race. I have sailed a Nordic 40 in a number of local double handed effects. I know you want information on the Nordic 44 and I have had a chance to sail on a couple of them. My first impression they are a very big heavy boats. I would try to talk you into looking at the Nordic 40 for many reasons I can go into later. Call Robert Perry and pay for his comments on the two boats. If you would like to see Very Clean Nordic 40 (it is not for sale) to see if you would like to search for one I can arrange that.
I donít care much for the early 80ís Tartan 42 I believe it was made to meet the old IOR rule. Donít take me wrong Tartan owners they are still a very well built boat just built to a bad rule. I know a club member that would let us aboard his Tartan 42 and might be ready to sell. I believe you should look at later model Tartanís because of a big change in design. If you would like to reach me you can contact me at boseyachts@compuall.net. I am a Yacht Broker that wants to sell you the best boat for your needs. Should you want more information on me, my web page is www.yachtworld.com/lenboseyachts.

I have seen many posting from a Jeff_H on this site and agree with all of his comments. He provides high-quality information and would try contacting him at burr.halpern@annapolis.net

Len Bose
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook