SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rum enjoyment
Thread: Rum enjoyment
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008

RAGTIMEDON is on a distinguished road
There are a lot of good rums out there, most are lower in price in the Carribean because of the stateside alcohol tax. I am old enough to remember when "Gay" meant happy, so I have no silly predjudice against Mt Gay. No, I don't drink Mt Gay with Coke. Coke, whether regular or diet, has enough phosphoric acid in it that it does a good job cleaning the bugs off your car's windshield, and IMHO that's all it is good for. Be sure to rinse with plenty of water, because it will also take off the paint! Captain Morgan, and all other spiced rums, are great for those of you who don't like the taste of rum, but if you put the right spices in it, some of those folks would drink spiced diesel fuel. It probably tastes better! Black seal is my choice, when I can find it. Off the boat, I am more likely to drink single malt scotch!

1980 Endeavour 37 sloop, currently in the Mississippi near St Louis
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook