SailNet Community - View Single Post - C & C Yachts
Thread: C & C Yachts
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2003

dandebruin is on a distinguished road
C & C Yachts

I have a C&C 29 MkII. The one you are looking at would be an MkI. I looked for quite some time, about 1.5 yrs, before I bought my boat. Looked at many boats as you can imagine. In my research, I decided that C&C''s were generally as good a production boat as any other that I could find and because I was interested in a boat that had good performance on the water and not just at the dock, I liked C&C''s more than some of the more recognized productions boats. One of the first boats I looked at was a MkI and while it had many nice features, it was certainly showing it''s age. Structurally it was sound but needed a lot of updating. Any boat you look at needs to have a good survey done. C&C''s are not know to have too many common problems, check the decks for moisture, and for leakage around the chainplates. Also the mast step was sometimes made with a wood base and rots out.

I admit, I am prejudice. I like C&C''s. They retain their value, they are respected around the race course, and they provide a nice easy platform to single hand, especially with updated standing and running gear. There is a C&C web page cncphotoalbum.com and a very active message board. I encourage you to ask questions there. They will tell you like they see it.

Good luck. Get on the water.

Dan DeBruin
Panacea
C&C 29 MkII
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook