SailNet Community - View Single Post - 8.0b Toerail
Thread: 8.0b Toerail
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 04-16-2008 Thread Starter
Hi Doug,

Thanks for the reply and the heads-up on the toerail screws. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed, but it's beginning to look like re-bedding the chainplates and stanchions may have stopped the leaks and I may not need to touch the toerail after all, or at least not this year! :-) Although I am glad to have this information in case I do need to make more repairs in the future. I did also identify the leak in the quarter-berth, and once again it's the aft port stanchion. I'm eventually just going to have to do them all over the course of the next few weeks and months as time permits.

The previous owner had my boat at Edgewater marina in downtown Cleveland, and I'm just going to leave it there for the next few years since I live on the West side and the boat is only fifteen minutes from my house. In fact, I stopped by this morning to hose down and pump out the bilge on my way into work. :-) I may eventually move it out to the Sandusky or Catawba area in the future, but right now it's very nice having it so close and convenient.

Don Neeper
S2 8.0b "Sea Sharp"
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome