SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ryobi vs. Makita vs. Poliglow??
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008

CLucas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CLucas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
I would use poliglow again on the topsides, I think the finish is good, last a season or more, and is, of course, easy to apply.

I'm less enamoured with it on deck/in the cockpit... it seems to pick up dirt/stains whether from natural body oils, sunscreen stuff, or simply constant traffic.

Whichever route you choose, it's gonna be something you'll have to do on a regular basis!
I would only use poli-glow on the topsides and go with a more traditional solution on deck/cockpit with Woody Wax on non-skid. Kind of leaning towards poliglow at the moment. While poliglow is adding material to the hull and compounding/polish/wax is removing material, it's 30yo gelcoat that has been maintained but shows its age. Poliglow may buy me time before having to spring for a paint job which I'm not certain I would do on this boat.

My Ryobi/Makita question probably has at least as much to do with using the right bonnet for whatever stage of the process. I also have an okay cordless 7" Ryobi that is decent for smaller areas. The cordless part is nice since I can use it sitting on the mooring.
1977 Pearson 30 #995
~~~~~~_/) ~~~~~~
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook