SailNet Community - View Single Post - endeavour, hunter, irwin???
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2003

goforit is on a distinguished road
endeavour, hunter, irwin???

Jeff thank you for taking so much time to answering my email. What I really wanted to do was not limit myself to just one boat, yet! My sailing experience is some sailing courses in the Solent, UK then over to France and the Channel Islands, plus 3 1/2 months this last winter sailing on various boats (too expensive for me) from the USVI''s to Martinque. I''m 44 and physically fit, I will be sailing solo with friends old and new sailing with me - thus my wish to have 2 cabins!! I have never been sea sick, not on the North Sea nor crossing the Gulf Stream.
I do not plan to blue water sail only island hop with the crossings from Fl to Bahamas, BVI to St Martin. I think a shallow draft or centre board would make most sence, speed is not the most important thing - having sailed on a Swan 48 and a Bentueau 44 the 44 was overall a better liveaboard, in my mind and though too expensive for me I think comfort important, us women are like that!! I hope to spend no more than $50th.
Having only experience top end boats and not having the budget to have either of those boats I have to be realistic. While in Florida I saw a few boats in my price range and looked on-line and in boats for sale and those 3 boats in the 34 and 37 foot ranged seemed to fit.
I am at this point open to more experienced advice.
I am returning to the UK soon and will continue to sail in the Solent and North SEa while researching my purchase. I plan to return to Florida next Sept to buy ''the'' boat!!
So any advice - pointing me in the right direction for a better advice - would be appreciated.
Thanks ever so much
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook