SailNet Community - View Single Post - I've Been Around
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008

denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesR View Post
I've been around the block, but not the globe.
Gone eastward from the U.S. to Singapore and back, never been on a boat in the Pacific.
Did those trips on a Navy ship for 22 years.

I've been around sailnet for 6 months.
I've been around sailboats for 5 years. After retiring from the Navy (former USMC, former USAF) the Admiral and I hung around the blue ridge mountains where I grew up a couple years, then went sailing one day and found a hobby we both liked.
Bought a 1969 Grampian 26, sailed it all winter, gave it to a local youth sailing club the following spring and bought a 1986 Hunter 31. Did a couple bareboat BVI trips on catamarans, sold the Hunter and bought a brand new 2007 Gemini 105Mc Catamaran last May (2007).
We live and sail on the Magothy River, and mid to northern Chesapeake Bay near Annapolis Md.

Since I sail a Catamaran and most mono sailers think they are ugly, I have a ugly cat as a avatar, with my face photoshopped in by Giu (Alex).
For the rest, read the posts

Chuck
Are you sure thats a cat? Alex told me it was you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Be careful or i will do what the voices tell me to do
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To get the most from Sailnet, follow the link in
's signature.

Hey stuffit "Get a life"
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook