SailNet Community - View Single Post - Schock Santana 26 1971?
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 07-09-2003 Thread Starter
ddmcjr

Schock Santana 26 1971?

I have been offered a Santana 26, 1971 vintage. I power washed the hull last weekend and not knowing what to look for was surprised not to see blisters. cracks, and large holes. It has a model 2000 Volvo Penta inboard. The boat has been sitting in the Southport, NC area for the last 2-3 years and rain has caused mildew. I was unable to start the engine, but did hear what I thought was the solinoid click? This boat has a trailer and solid keel approx. 30" deep by 18" wide by 10" thick. The hull is painted red and there is a thin crack in a rectangular shape in the hull bottom where the keel is located. This boat has good sails and will need some "fixing" in the cabin area. Most likely a complete refit before my wife is willing to spend time on it. I called WD Schock Co and they acted like the boat was a "red-headed stepchild", should I take this as a warning? The price is very reasonable in my limited opinion, could someone give me a price range? The deck is sound, no cracks or blisters. I have not seen any of the systems on the boat operate. Does anyone know from experience how difficult the mast will be to step and remove as I want to trailer this boat to local lakes and to the NC coast 3-4 weekends and 2 weeks a year. Opinions are appreciated, but I really need hard facts if they are available. Thanks for your help.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome