SailNet Community - View Single Post - Recipes anyone?
Thread: Recipes anyone?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008

NauticalFishwife is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NauticalFishwife
Pot Roast in the pressure cooker.
Season the pot roast. I use McCormick grill mates-garlic and onion or Mrs Dash grilling blends for steak. Brown on both sides. Add to the pot one sliced onion, a few cloves of garlic and one can of beef broth. Place lid on, bring up to steam and turn on low. Cook for about 45 minute to an hour. Quick release steam according to your pressure cookers directions. Be careful! Add small red potatoes, carrots-any root veggies. I often use peeled sweet potatoes. Replace lid, bring up to high steam again. Turn on low and cook another 10 minutes. Turn heat off and allow steam to escape until easy release. Usually another 15 minutes. The meat will be so tender, veggies cooked just right and if you like-you can use the drippings to make a killer gravy. This is like your Mom's pot roast that took half the time to cook. And you are not heating up the cabin using the oven. This same recipe is great for cooking pork roast or country style ribs. I use a bottle of beer instead of beef stock. Add your own bbq sauce for pulled pork.
A quick dessert recipe is to take a roll of Pillsbury sugar cookie dough and spread it in a cake pan. Bake about 12-15 minutes (you know your oven). Remove and spread orange marmalade on the warm cookie. Sprinkle with a few chocolate chips. The chocolate chips will melt just enough to swirl. Then sprinkle some chopped pecans on top. Let cool... A treat with tea or coffee or after dinner drinks.
I also keep the packages of chocolate chip cookie mix on board. You add butter and egg. Nothing keeps you going while on delivery like warm cookies.... and they smell SO good while baking. And so easy to do bread pudding in the pressure cooker. Follow a basic bread pudding recipe-adding any fruit that may be getting a bit ripe-along with raisens you've soaked in rum. Do this in a round pan that fits in your pressure cooker. I place a couple of baking ramikins upside down, so it raises my round pan up. So you can add your water. Bring to high steam-turn down and cook for 15 minutes-turn heat off-let cool-release and serve warm with a butter rum sauce.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook