SailNet Community - View Single Post - coleman-stirling fridge/freezer
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008
Lost

rrgane is on a distinguished road
coleman-stirling fridge/freezer

hey gang..

i just ordered a coleman-stirling (rebrand of a twinbird sc-c925) fridge/freezer. i have not seen a lot of posts about them, but the few i have seen have given it a big thumbs up. this is not one of the 'cooler-warmers' we have all seen for $49, it is a 26L unit that will cool up to 100 degrees from ambient, it draws about 80% what a comparable waeco/norcold/engel does in electricity, and has only three moving parts, and none that ever touch so lifespan should be good. it uses carbon dioxide instead of freon, so a bit easier on the environment.

at $372 it definitely is easy on the pocketbook.

one big catch is it cannot be used continuously at a angle greater then 12 degrees lengthwise (but is good up to 90 degrees widthwise, so i am mounting and/or storing it lengthwise with the boat).

anyway, i will post more when it arrives and then say all the usual things like: it is the best money i ever spent etc etc.., or cry publicly if it turns out to be a big POS.
Port Of Everett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook