SailNet Community - View Single Post - First Greek charter, looking for hints...
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2003

Stede is on a distinguished road
First Greek charter, looking for hints...

Req,

YOU DOG...!! You''ve been to Santorini before and you''re getting to go back?! You''re one lucky man! I also remember Oia. Some of the best pictures I have of the trip were taken there at sunset. Pretty cool the way everyone gathers there at the end of the day. Kind of like Key West minus the circus. Hey, one other good stopping off spot came to mind that you might want to check out -Sounion.It''s at the southernmost point of mainland Greece. Of course it depends on which direction you start your trip, but if you leave out of Athens and are headed for the Cyclades,it''s an easy half day sail. Poseidon''s Temple is there on a bluff over looking the Med. You might want to sacrifice a non-essential crew member there for good luck ;^) It''s a nice little stop off. There''s a good Taverna ashore. We partied hard there while watching the moon rise over Mr.P''s crib. Awesome!! Man, you''ve got me started now. I love Greece!! Don''t you have room for one more crew member? Of course I don''t want to be the non-essential one though.ha!ha!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook