SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pirates of the Caribbean-Curse of the Black Pearl
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2003

Stede is on a distinguished road
Pirates of the Caribbean-Curse of the Black Pearl

The reviews I read of this movie prior to going to see it weren''t very favorable, so I thought I would write one from a sailors perspective.A kind of "Stede at the Movies" if you will....Pirates of the Caribbean is a very fun action packed,swash-buckling movie. Johnny Depp does an excellent job of portraying Capt.Jack Sparrow.His fluttering of hands,swaggering gait,and humorous approach to dealing with situations steals every scene he''s in.Some might say that the story line is a little weak in this picture. But hey, it''s a pirate movie, not "Gone with the Wind." There are some good sailing scenes,lots of action packed fighting,very good special effects,and many memorable characters.If you want to see a movie that is fun,and entertaining, I highly recommend this movie. If you''re the type that wants to decipher how would it be possible for this to happen,and that happen, then it''s probably not for you. "A ship is more than a keel,the sails, and sailling everywhere.....it''s freedom." - Capt.Jack Sparrow -Pirates of the Caribbean-Curse of the Black Pearl.

Scale of 1-10 sets of skull and cross bones: 8+
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook