Okay, am a complete newbie so I am still in the dreaming phase of boat ownership.
At 24 this is my extended life plan:
1) finish graduate school in the next 9 months.
2) Get as much sailing experience as possible while I
3) Stash cash at every turn until
4) I can sail and
5) have enough money to buy a relatively small used boat (around 28''- 30'') that I can
6) live on and sail alone... a boat that
7) has headroom enough for me at 6''2 and
8) is seaworthy enough for sailing anywhere.
9) I can get for under 15K.
I realize this is a long list, and I have a long way to go in order to realize these dreams. In the meantime I love nothing more to read up on boats and sailing, as well as puruse online classifieds and Sailnet.
Anyone have any suggestions boats I might want to consider (I do realize I''m jumping ahead of myself, but it never hurt anyone to look and dream), as well as good ways to get more sailing experience. I am signed up for some lessons, and from what I understand, crewing is a good way to learn.