SailNet Community - View Single Post - Failed SUNSAIL Charter in BVI''s - Strike Two!
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2003

pma_foyl is on a distinguished road
Failed SUNSAIL Charter in BVI''''s - Strike Two!

Just thought I''d jump into the mix here. My advice would be AVOID TMM at all costs. They are cheaper and the boat I was on (50'' Beneteau) was quite nice, despite being a little older. But the level of service as APPALLING and the the complete lack of concern enfuriated me.

We were told (on three separate occasions; way in advance) that we could do a boat checkout/chart briefing at 8am and that we''d be underway on our departure day by noon. When I stopped by to see the boat on the night before, it was in shambles and the TMM people had mostly gone home. I asked how the boat would be ready by 8am, they said "it wouldn''t be." TMM doesn''t even open til 9am, and by Caribbean standards, that means 11am. We didnt'' even get our pickup at the hotel til 11:30. Chart briefing didn''t start for another hour. the boat had a non-working head, garbage was left for several days in the forward cabin, the autopilot didn''t work (TMM told me, that''s non-essential, so they don''t care). I asked for compensation, they said "no." We didnt'' get underway til nearly 3pm (the time you should be dropping the hook).

It was basically a wonderful trip, but NOT as a result of TMM. I''ve charted with Moorings before and had a FANTASTIC experience. I thought I was saving money for the same thing. NOT TRUE. I''ll go with Moorings when I go back. I''ll pay the extra bucks to get the superior equipment and PREMIUM service.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook