SailNet Community - View Single Post - Please help me... re: live aboard
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2003

knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about
Please help me... re: live aboard

Hi Jared and Stephanie,
As a business owner and someone who has cruised on a very limited budget I have to tell you that is not too easy to earn enough money to cruise while you are cruising. By that I mean that it''s not too easy to pick up work anywhere unless you are willing to stick around awhile. You might be able to feed your selves and survive but I think it will always be difficult to make enough to maintain a seaworthy vessel and the lifestyle most of us are accustomed to by shucking scallops or painting the occational bar and getting daily wages. An honest man should always be able to get by in this world, but it really does take a lot of either money or time (really both) to maintain a boat, especially, (forgive me ladies), if you are expecting a woman who has never had to live on a small sailboat to be willing to share the experience with you.
I don''t intend to discourage you in any way but rather encourage you to learn about it before you commit yourselves. Do some sailing, see if it''s really what you expect.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook