SailNet Community - View Single Post - Invitation to all of a pure heart
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2003

jbarros is on a distinguished road
Invitation to all of a pure heart

I appologize for the barge comment, it was uncalled for. However when I made the sweeping generalizations, both were reletivley well researched. While some catamarans, and some gaff rigged boats do point, most do not do so well.

Have you built or sailed one? Just out of curiousity, so I know what we''re comparing it to, what was the cost to build? Does it compare favorably with other boats (both multi or mono) of the same LOA? LWL?

And finaly, I went back and thouroughly reread the site. It speaks of the evils of computers, and modern urban living. it speaks of the beauty and simplicity of the sea, and it has alot of pretty pictures of the boats, but as far as hard numbers, or even profile and layout shots, I didnt see a single one, so I do feel that some very vital information realy isnt shown on the site. But perhaps I was looking in the wrong places. If so, please direct me to the proper site, as I have eagerly followed the "Badgers" built by people with similar philosophies, but there seems to be a bit more hard facts for those. But once agian, I may not be looking in the right places.

Thanks.

-- James
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook