SailNet Community - View Single Post - What would you do?? Really...
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
If these races counted towards a end of the yr championship, might be worth going after the host club in some way shape or form. BUT< even if they did, more than likely, the 5 in the top at this race, will not finish at the top at the end of the year. The best will win in the end.

I know from my yrs as a snow ski coach in the 6-12 yr old bracket, our goal as coaches and course setters, was to get everyone to finish. It did not always happen, but that was how we wanted a course set. Not one that would cause a bunch to fall, ski out of the course etc. Because in the end, the best person that day would win, and the rest would fall into place.

At the end of the season, those 5 kids that got first, will be worst off than if they would have done the right thing, canceled everyone, or had every one race!

The folks in the wrong, unfortunately are the ones that should have been right, ie the adults on the race committee!

Time to quit stewing over this one, its not worth it! It appears as if Fred does not care, nor hopefully his team mates, so neither should you.