SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

What is your age?

• Less than 30

Votes: 122 16.0%
  • 31-39

Votes: 127 16.7%
  • 40-49

Votes: 172 22.6%
  • 50-59

Votes: 205 26.9%
  • 60-64

Votes: 83 10.9%
  • 65 or older

Votes: 57 7.5%

What is your age?

25K views 90 replies 73 participants last post by  CVAT 
#1 ·
What is your age?

#9 ·
I voted, but spouse falls in a different category than me!

Besides, you have the decades with out names.

0-12 your learning things sooooooooo...........
13-19 you know everything so we should hire you
20-29 you realize you do NOT know everything
30-39 you get old .....usually a kid or two around
40-49 you're really old, have teens telling you you know nothing
50-59 you get to live again, said teens are gone!
60-69 golden yrs
70-79 old fart
80-89 really old fart
90+ depends yrs, on whether you need them or not!

It should also be noted if one has kids a bit early or late in life, said decades do change a bit..........

Marty

#10 ·
Sorry...but I don't get these weekly polls asking for personal information. Why not ask sailing questions??
What kind of anchor do you have?
What's the longest non-stop voyage you've taken?
What kind of anchor do you use?
What's your keel?
How big will you next boat be?
Center Cockpit, Aft Cockpit, Pilot House, Deck Salon...which is best?
etc. etc. etc.

#17 ·
TB,

No that is not my implication, it is, while you may have a certain demographic of whom is signing on to post, but whom of that group actually posts is another sub group with in the BIG picture/group. Hence why cam is probably not sure that these surveys work for the big or small picture depending upon how the survey is used etc.

marty

#19 ·
Well, I can give management a hint. Don't bother trying to sell anything to the 40 to 50 year olds. The ones with teenagers. We're using duct tape to patch the sails, clothes line for running rigging, substituting bondo for fiberglass, and cutting every other corner to make ends meet! I just want to hear from someone who knows how to explain to a teenager that the power button has TWO positions, and has done so SUCCESSFULLY. :)

#25 ·
Speaking of age and getting older, last year we had to deal with putting my wife's father into a nursing home during his last days. After that ordeal, my wife turned to our son, Alex, and said, "Don't worry Alex, when we get to be that age, your father and I will just get on Tamure, sail out to the middle of the ocean and pull the plug!"

Alex looked at her and said, "Wait! I have a better idea: why don't I sail you our there and drop you off!" No sense in waiting a good cruising boat.

#29 ·
My daughter says I really old, my son thinks I'm a kid and my wife keeps telling me to grow up....

So, depending on who you ask I could be 5 or 60, but my mom says I'm 35. I like my sons answer the best.

Todd H
Thibodaux Lousisna

#30 ·
Age doesn't matter

I am 27 years old I don't own a house I went the sailboat route. It will be nice to live on cause if you do not like your neighbors its easy to move your house. Oh yeah I was saying that I am 27 and my girlfriend is in her late 40's age is just a number. She looks like she is in her thirties, is mature, no drama, knows what she wants. Its kinda nice to have a sugar momma(dad taught me that from an early age):D I know that someday our relationship will come to an end but thats okay cause it is great while it lasts.:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.