SailNet Community - View Single Post - What's your Morgan?
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008

keforion is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by triton185 View Post
Do you know what hull number she is? You can find it on the exterior upper corner of the transom. The boat was designed as the Morgan 45-1 Keel Sloop. 12 of them were built before Morgan sold the moulds to Starratt and Jenks.

Are you going to rig her as a yawl with the taller mast or some other configuration?

I would be interested to know if you have verified the thickness of the hull in any locations.
Triton185:

I have the Hull Number in her papers but not with me at the moment. Thanks for the tip about the transom.

She will be rigged as a yawl, but modified as follows. Themast will be about 9' taller (59' above LWL) and stepped for'd of the original location by about 24" This will allow using the original chainplates and sweptback spreaders. We will have a double headstay rig going to the stem belowdeck. The stays will be separated about 1.5" and go through the deck about 48" aft of the stemhead. The original CCA giant genoa will be scrapped. She will carry a boomed stays'l on the after stay and a jib (about 110%) on the for'd stay.

The mizzen will also move for'd by about 24"

We have cored the deck and it is 1/2" glass outside, 3/4' plywood (absolutely dry) and 1/4" glass inside.

The hull is at least 1/2" glass where we removed some thru-hulls above the waterline and gets real thick below.

Thanks for your interest.

keforion
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook